FLOOPS/FLOODS Grid Commands Description
This manual section describes commands used to create and refine
meshes. Commands are also available to store meshes and data for
later reference. These commands are common both to FLOODS and
- This command allows user control of the fieldserver. Users can swap fieldserver
objects and have multiple objects available.
- This command has three major subfunctions. It can report quality measures
for the current mesh, can smooth an existing mesh, and can regrid a mesh under
- This command allows the user to set up the initial grid and specify background
concentrations, or read in a previously created structure.
- This command allows the user to position x and y grid lines for a rectangular
- The region command allows the user to specify which sections of the rectangular
mesh are which material, as well as the location of boundary conditions.
- The structure command allows the user to read and write mesh and solution
values. This is the main i/o of data to and from the program.
- The Smooth command allows the user to smooth the grid of a specific material.
Bugs and Missing Features
It would be nice to allow specification of more arbitrary
It would also be nice to allow nonrectangular starting meshes.